The Women’s Health Center also offers a range of health education and health promotion classes, such as the Choose-to-Lose Weight Loss Program offered quarterly by a registered dietitian; Look Good, Feel Better Program for cancer patients who need a physical and emotional lift by enhancing their appearance during chemotherapy and radiation treatments; prenatal classes; and other wellness programs such as smoking cessation, Tai Chi, and walking.
A list of seminars, and educational classes directed toward women is included below:
Download brochure or for more information & registration call: 828-4409
- Healthy Beginnings Tour -Adults Only - Main Hospital -1.5 hours
- Childbirth Preparation -Lamaze- Adults Only [offered alternate months at Stony Point and downtown MCV Campus - Increase confidence and knowledge of the childbirth experience. 4-week class
- Newborn Parenting- Adults Only - 2 hour classes
- Breastfeeding Class - Adults Only - 2 hour class
- Car Seat Safety - No Cost - 2 hours
- Infant CPR - Adults Only - 2 hours - Main Hosptial & Women's Health Center @ Stony Point
- Daddy Boot Camp - Men Only - 3 hour class - call 804-288-3431
View brochure above for more information - or call 804-828-4409
For more information & registration call 327-8830
All programs subject to advance registration and a per-person fee per program
- 2010 Nutrition Classes - brochure
- Diabetic Dining Made Easy - brochure
Call 560-8950 to register. Class repeats the first Wednesday morning of each month.
- Choose to Lose® 8-Week Weight Loss Program (offered fall & winter 2010 ) - brochure
- First Step Program (4-week walking program offered in mornings & evenings, fall & winter)
- Food & Fitness (2 hour programs offered in spring)
- DASH Diet to lower blood pressure
- Cholesterol Lowering Class - brochure
Sign up to receive the "Your Nutrition News" electronic newsletter!
Learn more about preventing heart disease in women — The Heart Truth